Friday, June 18, 2010

My husband




What a Man, What a Mighty Good Man – that is his ring tone because it is the best description of him (for you who don’t know it is a song from the ‘80’s that a Christian woman should probably not have on her phone but I have always loved that statement in the song and that is the only statement you hear from the song.) He is such a good man and I am so very blessed that God put us together. I have watched him grow into a strong Christian man and have seen how that transformation totally changed our family in the best way imaginable. People who “knew us when” would never have imagined we would be living the kind of life we are living now. We both could have taken very different paths but I am so glad God is gracious. I was smitten the first time I saw him and so very thankful to God that He put a covering of protection over us and our relationship for so many years of terrible outside influences. I had a pretty good idea that he would be a good father while we were dating by just watching him with his nieces and nephews but I could never have imagined just “how good” a father he would become. He knew that in his strength he could not be the kind of father that he knew his little girl needed (if you have never heard his testimony you should really ask him) but he knew with God’s strength he would be able to. So this Father’s Day I just wanted to salute a really great dad and husband for that matter!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love this post! What a blessing and encouragement to hear someone praise their husband! Thank you!