Friday, May 28, 2010

My Dad




I have been blessed with many things in my life but above all I have been blessed with wonderful parents. Being an only child, in my case, really drew me closer to my parents. I have been devastated by the loss of my mom and I remember my dad saying, “It’s just us now – we gotta stick together.” Well, together we have stuck. We talk at least twice a day, every day and weather permitting we see each other every Sunday. I am so blessed to have such a wonderful father who instilled in me a love for the Lord and brought me up in the church but most importantly led by example. It is really impossible to teach your children how to do things “the right way” if they don’t see it lived out in your life as a parent. I was so blessed to have seen in my father “the right way.” He taught me to care about your actions. I never wanted to see “disappointment” in my father’s eyes (even though I am sure I disappointed him at times because I was disappointed in myself.) He taught me how to throw a football and catch like Joey Jones (for all of those who are not Alabama fans you will just have to look that one up.) He always told me “I could do it” and “you look pretty” every morning when I got ready for school or work. He gave me a love for country because he served his country. So this Memorial Day and this Father’s Day I salute the best Dad in the World, My Father – Thanks Dad!

1 comment:

April for the Crew said...

What a beautiful tribute! Your love for your parents is precious and something I hope to learn from you.