Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Charlotte Mason

Okay, I have been in Charlotte Mason mode big time the past two weeks (with no end in sight – but that is actually a good thing.) I am organizing a Charlotte Mason home school get-a-way for moms and I am so excited about it. A night away at a bed and breakfast, major girl friend time to chat, eat, chat, and eat some more. I have viewed the seminar DVD’s, read, and then read some more, then gathered more information, and read a lot more (you get the picture.) I am so hoping that all the moms will get something out of this weekend. I love the Charlotte Mason method and sometimes I get a little overly excited about it so I am trying to reign myself in.

Anyway, if you want to check out the Charlotte Mason method for yourself go jump on the internet and take a look. I personally LOVE this website www.SimplyCharlotteMason.com it has a lot of freebies and it is just a REALLY great website. So far I have not ordered anything from that website that I have not enjoyed. I also love all of Karen Andreola’s books on Charlotte Mason styles of learning but my favorites are A Charlotte Mason Companion: Personal Reflections on the Gentle Art of Learning (don’t you just love that title – the gentle art of learning) as well as Pocketful of Pinecones: Nature Study With the Gentle Art of Learning : A Story for Mother Culture and the sequel, so to speak, Lessons at Blackberry Inn: Adventures with the Gentle Art of Learning.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Christy,

Will you please email me some info about the retreat/conference? How many ladies are going? Where is it? The dates.

bethgardner4@yahoo.com
Thanks,
Beth Gardner